This Agreement was last revised on July 22, 2014.
1. Updates to this Agreement
2. Use of Our Service
You may use the Service only if you are capable of forming a binding contract with us, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use of or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by us for any reason.
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots”, “spiders”, “offline readers”, etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the flownik.com servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser; (ii) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (iii) transmitting “spam,” chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the integrity or security of any systems or networks used to provide the Service, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (v) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (vi) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vii) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; (viii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including user names, from the Service; (ix) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes; (x) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (xi) interfering with the proper working of the Service; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service (in whole or in part), to you or to users generally; or create usage limits for, or otherwise limit or restrict, the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. We will have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
3. User Content
Some areas of the Service may allow Users to post content such as profile information, comments, questions, and other content or information (any such materials a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service are referred to herein as “User Content”). You retain ownership of your User Content.
You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (ii) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets); (vi) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current or (ix) violates any school or other applicable policy, including those related to cheating or ethics. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. We reserve the right, but will not be obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these provisions.
“Intellectual Property Rights”, for purposes of this Agreement, means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefor and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any jurisdiction.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or transmits on or to the Service. You will be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that we will not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of any User Content.
4. Our Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, logos, images, text, graphics, illustrations, trademarks, service marks, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content belonging to other Users (the ” Flownik.com Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of us and our licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Service). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any flownik.com Content. Use of the flownik.com Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas“). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, non-confidential, and without restriction and will not place us under any fiduciary, confidentiality, or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, we does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to us, or developed by our employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. Flownik.com Property
Some aspects of the Service may allow you to obtain certain reputational or status indicators, in-world currency, and/or fictional property representing virtual achievements (” Flownik.com Property”). You understand and agree that regardless of terminology used, flownik.com Property represents a limited license right governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and available for distribution at our sole discretion. flownik.com Property is not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from us at any time. You acknowledge that you do not own the account you use to access the Service, nor do you possess any rights of access or rights to data stored by or on behalf of us on our servers, including without limitation any data representing or embodying any or all of your flownik.com Property. You agree that we have the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate flownik.com Property as we see fit in our sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that we will have no liability to you based on our exercise of such right. All data on our servers are subject to deletion, alteration or transfer. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY VALUE ATTRIBUTED TO SUCH DATA BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA, ACCOUNT HISTORY AND ACCOUNT CONTENT RESIDING ON OUR SERVERS, MAY BE DELETED, ALTERED, MOVED OR TRANSFERRED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. WE DO NOT PROVIDE OR GUARANTEE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY DATA RESIDING ON OUR SERVERS.
7. User Content License Grant
By posting any User Content on the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to us a perpetual, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and any and all names, voices, and/or likenesses as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service and our business (and our successors’ and affiliates’) businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under this Agreement.
8. End User License Grant
- Service.Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and solely as permitted by the features of the Service. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein in and to the Service and the flownik.com Content. We may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Mobile Software.We may make available software to access the Service via a mobile device (“Mobile Software”). You must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Service to use it. We do not make any representation or warranty that Mobile Software will be compatible with your mobile device. We hereby grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Software for one flownik.com account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Software, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) make any copies of the Mobile Software; (iii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Software to any third party or use the Mobile Software to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Software, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Software, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Software; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Software.
You acknowledge that flownik.com may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Software, and may automatically upgrade the version of the Mobile Software that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Software is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is a limited license, and not a sale, of the Mobile Software or any copy thereof, and we or our third party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Software (and any copies thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of your rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. We reserve all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement.
If the Mobile Software is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies. Use, duplication, or disclosure of the Mobile Software by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth in this Agreement and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) (OCT 1988), FAR 12.212(a) (1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14 (ALT III), as applicable. The Mobile Software originates in the United States, and is subject to United States export laws and regulations. The Mobile Software may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or those persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports from the United States. In addition, the Mobile Software may be subject to the import and export laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all United States and foreign laws related to use of the Mobile Software and the Service.
9. Privacy and Data Security
We care about the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
10. Third-Party Links
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our subsidiaries, parent company, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their respective employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content you transmit or receive; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of its representations and warranties; (iii) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (iv) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account; or (vi) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
12. No Warranty
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, FLOWNIK.COM, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANY AND OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE SERVICE IS OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE OR SERVICE TO WHICH A LINK MAY BE DISPLAYED ON THE SERVICE, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
13. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL FLOWNIK.COM, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANY, OTHER AFFILIATES, OR AGENTS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE; (II) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER MALICIOUS CODE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL flownik.com, ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, OTHER AFFILIATES, OR AGENTS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE GREATER OF (A) $50 OR (B) THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, YOU PAID TO US FOR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us from time to time without restriction. Any permitted assignment of this Agreement shall be binding upon and enforceable by and against the parties’ successors and assigns, provided that any unauthorized assignment shall be null and void and constitute a breach of this Agreement
15. Other Jurisdictions
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. We make no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States. Access to the Service from jurisdictions where the contents or practices of the Service are illegal, unauthorized or penalized is strictly prohibited.
- Governing Law.You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Except as otherwise agreed between the parties or as described in Section 16.B. below, any claim or dispute between you and us that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Clara County, California, unless submitted to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph.
- Arbitration.For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) under this Agreement where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. The party electing such arbitration shall initiate the arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, as selected by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Notification Procedures.We may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business-related purposes, to you via email notice, application “push” notifications, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on our website, as we may determine in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. We are not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us, or for you not having provided us with a current, functional email address.
- No Waiver.No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and our failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Entire Agreement/Severability.This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with us in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Contact.If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.